Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just joined the forum. Been an amateur machinist for many years in my home shop, but new to CNC routing. In fact, I haven’t cut anything yet. My set up is a home built conversion atop my CNC plasma table. Hoping to learn a lot here and maybe help others too.

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
Be sure to post in the CNC threads. There's a number of experienced users around here, but I'm not one of them. I do know that pictures and lists of hard and software are important when you ask a question, especially for a home built setup. Intriguing stuff, CNC, but I can't afford to do it right so I'll stick to what I can do.

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Steve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here goes. Taught Industrial Arts-Machine Shop for 10 years. Worked another trade vocation several years and returned to the "classroom" teaching Building Trades 20+ years. After retiring began subbing in HS and became fascinated with their Powermatic CNC machine. The decision to purchase a CNC has now been made; the decision of which machine has not. I have looked at Laguna, Powermatic and Axiom. A 24" x 48" bed and a water cooled spindle are on the want list. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
fourfingersplusthumb

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum @allfingerplusthumb ,

If you post you query in the CNC section, you will get a more informed answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts