Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm retired & finally am able to do fun woodworking instead of necessary home improvements ie finishing basements, fencing, decking etc. I would not bother crossing the street to see a shop/garage like mine. Against a wall & down a side are two 6' workbenches with a 1959 9" AMF DeWalt RAS(I don't own a table saw)in the middle. In addition a 14"Delta enclosed mobile base BS with riser kit & fence, a 13" Delta 2-speed thickness planer on mobile base, a Craftsman(ugh)6" jointer, drill press, down draft sanding & assy table on mobile base, homemade router table with Ryobi(ugh) RE600 plunge router on mobile base, a horizontal router table which mounts my handheld Makita 3612C router using the Veritas clamping system. I also have a old Craftsman 1hp router that I mount on my RAS c/w a tiltable
table allowing me to expand the varity of cuts that can be made with standard router bits, a 10" Delta CMS on folding base, a 36" wood lathe. I presently use a large shop vac, ducting, & blast gates for dust collection(cough,cough).
I like to lurk as a new member for awhile until I have absorbed the culture of the forum.

Lee

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Hey Lee, welcome to the forums! Glad you decided you join! You sure do have a lot of nice tools. We can use some of your knowledge too! Yeah, I agree, a lot of people like to lurk around before joining a forum. They are doing it right now as a matter of fact. You guys know who you are. :D C'mon join us! It's a great forum! Anyway Lee, once again welcome! :) :) :)

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Lee glad to have another retiree join us. I are one to. It's nice to be able to go to the "SHOP" when ever you feel like it. Less pressure that way. Sounds like you are pretty well set up to do woodworking. Be safe and enjoy. Welcome to the forums.

Dave
the "Doctor"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.