Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished my router table and start to think of the fence now. After reading a lot of good replies from another thread, I plan to order the ' 24" Pre-Drilled and Slotted Router Table Fence with Opening' from ptreeusa, then attach a MDF.
My question is I don't have any T-track on my table. Can I just use two clamps to hold the L-fence for router? Thanks.

Is it difficult to make two T-tracks? I guess it requires a specific router bit and accurate cut? I don't want to buy another bit and just use it once. With my current tools, I doubt I can cut a straight, accurate T-track.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Nice looking

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I finished my router table and start to think of the fence now. After reading a lot of good replies from another thread, I plan to order the ' 24" Pre-Drilled and Slotted Router Table Fence with Opening' from ptreeusa, then attach a MDF.
My question is I don't have any T-track on my table. Can I just use two clamps to hold the L-fence for router? Thanks.

Is it difficult to make two T-tracks? I guess it requires a specific router bit and accurate cut? I don't want to buy another bit and just use it once. With my current tools, I doubt I can cut a straight, accurate T-track.
Hi Will - No problem. I use t-tracks to guide the fence but on occasion the track won't let me put the fence where I want it so I just remove the bolts and clamp it on with a couple to c-clamps. Just make sure you have a couple of inches of overhang on the table top so you have a place for the clamps to bite:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts