Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Router

I was going to say,FREIGHT COST ,but never mind :)
-----------------

But what the heck I will say this ▼

I have one like this ▼ and I like it alot and it comes with free shipping :)
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00924884000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

This one is almost the same but it comes with a 30.oo rebate plus free shipping,plus a 30" wide rip,with Extra table support in front of blade.:)
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00924885000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Bj :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Router,

I am planning to buy a contractor style saw soon and have been researching several. This one has basicly the same specs and fence system as the Ridgid ts3650 at HD. Probably built it the same factory but to lower standards. As I have found with most HF tools.

The Ridged saw has a larger rip capacity because the rails are not centered like the one in your link. I was considering the Ridged but just about refuse to because the 3 HDs near my home only assemble them hand tight so you cant see how ridged they actually are. The HD in my town even has the blade on backward.

I will probably go with a delta at Lowes. They have the 36-979 saw w/cast iron wings (no fence)and a mobile base for $450. And the T2 fence system for $150. I found a 10% off coupon that makes it less tha the Ridged.

www.lowesmoving.com

I like the grizzly saws but the shipping makes them a lot more expensive. And no mobile base.

Rusty

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
I like the Hot Dog demo hahahahahaha ,that's a new way to have a cook out and cut the hot dogs for the beans, but I don't think my wife would like using it. LOL
It's not funny I Know, :( I guess that's why they call them SHARK SAWS :(
The one tool in the shop that will get you if you don't take care ALL the time.
PUSH STICKS the real key to keep all your parts in place.

Bj :)

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
I have the Delta contractors saw only with stamped wing extension not cast iron. I got it at Home Depot on a close out for 299.00 including the T-2 fence. This is a nice saw as well as the Ridgid contractor saw. I like my Delta alot however, I don't really like the motor of a contractors saw that sticks out the back. Contractors saws have a larger foot print. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would buy a jobsite like the Ridgid or Dewalt. Much smaller footprint for my small shop and pretty nice saws. I had a Craftsman direct drive contractors style saw that the motor went out after only a year and a half previous to the Delta. My brother in law has the same Craftsman saw Bob uses and has used the heck out of it and it has performed well. Much better than the 400.00 saw that I had!
Corey

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the feedbacks.

NiceG316 is funny you should say that.
I actually went to the demo here in Houston and watch the blade retract in with the loudest bang I asked them what about the saw blade it sounded like it got destroyed and the response was would you rather lose a finger or the 80 dollar blade. I said well neither if I can help it but with somebody with my track records, that’s a lot of blades a year.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
There is another demo where you can see it working internally, and you can see metal shavings flying off that blade when it happens. The sales person who showed me a floor model made a point about the cost of the saw as a total. What costs more, the saw, plus lost blades, or the re-attachment surgery and the cost of lost fingers. Now if I could convince my wife as that.... :)

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
I am still doubtful of the quality of many things HF sells that are electric(With the exception of their dust collectors and speed controlers.) This is strange when you consider their air tools actually stand up better than many other brands. If you consider this saw go get your hands on one and try the adjustments. I will be the first to admit their quality is constantly improving. I would consider the Craftsman saws if I was in the market. They still give good value for the money. Both Woodcraft and Rockler are running specials on power tools till the end of the year. When you narrow the field it's worth checking prices with them. Often you can buy a brand such as Delta for the same price as anywhere else but get a gift card in the deal. "A penny saved is a ... " you know the rest.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hello Router,

I have had the Ridgid Table saw for over 2 years now and have had great results with it. The only thing I have done to it is add some wooden supports to the side legs to make it stirdier. Before I bought the Ridgid I also looked at the HF table saw and decided against it. If I ever buy a new saw it will either be another Ridgid or a Cabinet saw. The final choice is yours. I looked at many table saws before I bought mine.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
If I have a chance to get to HF this week, I'll take a look at it. I usually only buy 'Dumb' tools (clamps, etc) from HF. I did by the $15 trim router, and was actually surprised at how well it worked once I got the paint off of the collet and inside the shaft. I did buy a replacement table saw motor there, and from what the new owner says it still is working great.

I always have the nagging "you get what you pay for" voice in my head.

I'm using the sears hybrid cabinet saw now, and I love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.