Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sharpen my Forstner Bits and have been using needle files but I would like to try diamond files. I see Rockler has a kit already to go, but I don’t really like Rockler and always like to shop around before buying there.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: Nickp and JohnnyB60

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
If you want to go much cheaper HF sells a set of 12 mini files of different shapes that actually cut decently well for about $5 I think they were. My brother brought me a set and for where they came from and how well they work I was impressed. They won't work as well as the diamond hones or last as long.

Reactions: JohnnyB60

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to go much cheaper HF sells a set of 12 mini files of different shapes that actually cut decently well for about $5 I think they were. My brother brought me a set and for where they came from and how well they work I was impressed. They won't work as well as the diamond hones or last as long.
Charles, I have a Doctors Appointment tomorrow right near a Harbor freight and I'm going to pick up a diamond needle file set for $8 and try it out.

For that price, if it doesn't work than I'll buy one of those other more expensive sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts