Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is my first post on Router Forums. I am pretty new to woodworking and want to purchase my first router. I've heard of Triton routers but and wondering what anyone else has to say about them. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks!

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
G'day Sean

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

I have a Triton router mounted in the table - for that use, I would feel that it is hard to beat.

What use are you expecting?

What model are you looking at? There are so many make/models in the US

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Sean, the best bargain you will find is the 1.5 hp Craftsman combo kit for about $100. This gives you a fixed base for table mounting and a plunge base for free hand work. This is an excellent choice for starting out. If you are like most of us you will end up owning more than one router anyways.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome,I have Porter Cable router in my table,also have one still in box but will be dedicating that one to dovetail jig when I finally purchase one ....Also have a Ridgid palm router which has done very well

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am totally sold on my Triton router. I have the 3 1/4 HP and use it totally for table mount use. I just today bought the 9 amp Triton (1 1/3 HP) the features are unbeatable in my opinion.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Woodcraft does have a Triton on sale for $99 while supplies last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts