Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used Task brand router bits? I was in a local lumber yard that I have found to carry pretty good stuff and the router bits they stock are by Task. I've never heard of them before and am wondering if anybody has any experience with them.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
never heard of them either...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Task may be more common up here. They are a low end brand. It could be one of those that are sold under several names. If you think the price is right give one a try. At one time low end router bits weren't worth trying but CNC and robotic manufacturing have changed that. If the price is cheap enough they might be worth it. I tried some some form Heleta in Texas. Their most expensive bit is $5 something and they turned out to be okay and I think it was Gene Howe that has also tried them and agrees.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
As Charles said, Task is a lower cost brand sold here in Canada, at least in Southern Ontario, in some hardware stores; Pro Hardware, Timbermart, Princess Auto (the Canadian version of Harbor Freight). I've seen saw blades and router bits. I seem to recall some years ago, that some of the hardware stores had an exchange a bit program - buy a bit and when used, you could return it and exchange it for a new bit at a cost less than the price of a new one. Having said that, I've never used any of their products so can't give an opinion on quality.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I've never used any of their router bits but I've purchased other tools with their name, particularly drill accessories. I may have used their circular saw blades but not sure. Like Vince said, it would be like buying from Harbor Freight. Some of Harbor's stuff is good for the price you pay and some of Task's tools are okay. I believe that the main seller out here is Home Hardware.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The TASK bit I bought was not inexpensive...about the same as a similar bit from Infinity. I uses mostly Infinity but didn't want to wait for delivery. I'll give the TASK bit a try. I bought a Bosch router bit a few years ago and expected it would be on a par with their oscillating and jig saw blades but it was a little disappointing.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I've never used any of their router bits but I've purchased other tools with their name, particularly drill accessories. I may have used their circular saw blades but not sure. Like Vince said, it would be like buying from Harbor Freight. Some of Harbor's stuff is good for the price you pay and some of Task's tools are okay. I believe that the main seller out here is Home Hardware.
Those aren't HF prices, wow they are high priced for being a marginal tools.
Rotary - Power Tool Accessories

Herb

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Those aren't HF prices, wow they are high priced for being a marginal tools.
Rotary - Power Tool Accessories

Herb
I wouldn't buy them at those prices Herb. I would go with Freud first and they are usually easy to find. The Infinity bits rate very well in the tests I've seen. Right behind Lee Valley (#2)and Whiteside/Eagle(#1). Most of the Task tools I've seen were well below the price of name brands.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a HF oscillating tool blade a few years ago. The blade came apart during use. Cheap blades and bits that spin fast kind of scare me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts