Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week is my birthday and interested in this for my birthday any opinion would be appreciative .

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I haven't seen it before but it looks interesting and would have some uses. If $200 is the right price then that isn't bad for what it is. Some of the setup to use it could be a PITA. He used the router's bit to set his board up parallel with the track but I think I would cut a pair of set up blocks instead.

·
Registered
Theo
6,941 Posts
Yeah, it is interesting, and yes it could have some uses. But if I wanted one, it's simple enough, would be easy enough to clone. I tend to make my own version of things when I can, rather than buying.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Urekazone has been around for quite a while. I've seen them at trade shows, but have never been up close and personal with one of their tools. Seems like a good product though.

Charley

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The SSRK is actually a little more versatile than the video shows if you have the table set up to suit. When cutting dadoes, it works well with the MFT type top and dogs which act to hold the track at 90° to the panel for routing. The stops on the X-axis can be set to cut exact width dadoes; feed out up against the RH stop, pull the carriage to the right so it hits the LH stop and feed back across the part to cut the dado to the required width. There are other videos available that show other features, look on EZ's web site or Laney's You Tube channel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've used Eurekazone products for quite a few years now. I'm just an amateur woodworker, but no more messing with large sheets of plywood on a table saw or trying to keep my circular saw running straight on its own. I use the Eurekazone gear plus a compound sliding miter saw for most of my work.

Their philosophy - they call it the "dead wood concept" is to improve the safety of woodworking by having the wood stay put and moving the saw with the hands (and fingers) well away from the cutting area. The exact opposite of a table saw or router table, ... more like a circular saw or hand router, but with much MUCH more control. Think of a drill press with the wood clamped down in a safe manner.

First rate stuff made in the U.S. (Florida) by a great little company. I'd strongly recommend their products. Heavy duty stuff. Very clean and precise cuts. They actually use their own products to cut many of the components.

I have used a number of their tracks and the older non-adjustable Square (for fast 90 degree miter cuts) for many years, their Universal Edge Guide (UEG - newish to me), and their Super Smart Router Kit (SSRK - also newish to me. I recently found a used EZ-One Woodworking Center for sale near me and bought that.

The current philosophy is to use the Universal Edge Guide (UEG) to cut down the lengths of plywood - providing each piece with clean edges and perfectly equal widths. Then they use the Square with a shorter track to do all the cross cuts to their final size (the Cabinetmaker setup can be used to make repeated cross cuts of equal size). The white plastic Anti-Chip Edge on the track, along with the saw base insert, provides the clean cut edges (like a zero clearance plate on a table saw), and also shows you exactly where the cut will be. The Super Smart Router Kit is used to make dadoes, rabbets, and other cuts (one advantage is that you can create about any custom width dado/rabbet with a smaller straight bit by using the SSRK controls).

I previously bought their saw with the base pre-attached, but recently decided to swap out an older style base with a newer style, and it was a pretty easy process. I think most folks could do it themselves just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts