Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mike and Pat stopped by last week and he showed me a sign he was making for teachers. With his permission I 'borrowed' the idea so I drew it in CorelDraw, then exported as svg into Fusion 360 to do the rest for the CNC.

This is Maple, painted with water colors and acrylic, then coated with one coat of clear gloss lacquer. It's about 11 1/2" long, 4" high.
Font Fruit Label Apple Plant

Enjoy!
David

·
Administrator
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
One of these is for our daughter who teaches 3rd grade and the other is for our Pastor's wife who teaches kindergarten. Our daughter is stopping by after our grandson plays soccer to pick it up but she doesn't know that's why she's stopping. I just texted and asker her to stop by. I'm hoping she loves it.

David

PS - thanks for the idea and letting me borrow it, Mike!

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,236 Posts
Ohhh! I like that idea. As Picasso (allegedly) said, "Bad artists copy. Great artists steal." I'll do my best to be great. >:)

·
Administrator
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There probably aren't enough apples in the city to make up for all I put my teachers through! But one of my high school coaches (high school for me was 40+ years ago) called today with a computer question so I'm helping him - does that count toward the apple gift? 0:)

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.