Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to woodworking and will soon buy my first power tools. My primary interest is to make cedar chests - 3/4" hardwood. I am considering a Porter Cable 895 PK router to be table mounted. Is this a good choice for my needs?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hi,

I am new to woodworking and will soon buy my first power tools. My primary interest is to make cedar chests - 3/4" hardwood. I am considering a Porter Cable 895 PK router to be table mounted. Is this a good choice for my needs?

Thanks
Hi Bob - nothing wrong with your choice of routers. I was unaware of any Porter Cable routers being available in 220 volt. Isn't Holland on 220? Quite possible I am missinformed also.:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is. Good point. I will check with the company. If they don't make a 220V model, do you know a company who does?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Yes, it is. Good point. I will check with the company. If they don't make a 220V model, do you know a company who does?

Thanks
I've heard deWalt/Elu are big in Europe. Trend I know about. There are several UK members who will likely chime in here later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts