Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a Skil 1825 Combo Router that's gently used from someone who's selling It at a very good price. I have read the they are very loud. I always use ear protection, but don't want disturbed my neighbors. Are the skil 1825 routers really that loud?

thanks,
Mack

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Skil 1825 Combo. I also have Porter Cable and Craftsman Pro routers.

I always wear ear protection, but I have not noticed the Skil being any louder than the others. I like the feel of the Skil in my hand, so I probably use it more than the Porter Cable (the Craftsman is mounted in my table).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Skil 1825 Combo. I also have Porter Cable and Craftsman Pro routers.

I always wear ear protection, but I have not noticed the Skil being any louder than the others. I like the feel of the Skil in my hand, so I probably use it more than the Porter Cable (the Craftsman is mounted in my table).
Hi TrBLu,
Good to hear that. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I brought the Skil Comb kit today off a a local craigslist for $60. The original owner brought It new, and only used It once. It was still in the box with everything. It doesn't have a scratch on It. Despite all the plastic, It seems like It's more that adequate for what I will be using It for, hardwoods.The router is much bigger and heavier than the photos online would lead you to believe. Thanks TrBlu.

Mack

Mack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts