Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted anything for some time and decided that I would show a few pictures of my latest project.
A good friend asked if I could make a (Walnut) TV cabinet utilizing the style of an existing antique dresser. After much discussion, and a little head scratching on my part, we came up with an acceptable design.

The 1st. picture is of the dresser that they wanted to duplicate the style.
The 2nd. picture is a sketchup drawing showing the basis of what we came up with
The 3rd. and 4th. pictures are of the completed project.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
19,369 Posts
When I compare my efforts to yours, Dick, I can see why no one asks me to make anything for them....VBG.

Your friend should be well pleased with the end result.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Nice job,well planned and executed, like James said your friend should be really happy you should be really proud. Again nice job

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,471 Posts
Dick that is very nicely done.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Yeah,,,, I'd say that was "acceptable"... :)
Looks like you nailed the finish... what did you use?

Nicely done Dick..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill,
The finish is a semi-gloss poly which was brushed on, buffed after each coat.
The weather has been way too cold to work in the garage to spray, so I had to go back to the brush .

·
Registered
902 Posts
That really is a nice job you have done there. It is never an easy thing to match wood/colours but you have done it perfectly there. Looks great.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Walnut Armoir

That's a beautiful job, Dick! I love using walnut any time for as much as I can. It has such a "glorious grain". You are too modest, since this looks totally professional. Well done, superb and all that!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Dick
Thanks for taking the time for the post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts