Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John is coming to visit, so I set out a bait station to get some reference pictures for model making and painting.

Might have to take John out there so he can paint from Live models.

Check out the claws on that first bear.

Currently we have 5 different brown bears on the bait, and about 2400 pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Bear Season going to be open when I'm there???? I haven't had a new mount for a while now. Money went towards the new machine!!! I'm due. Lead the way - I'm following at a "reasonable" distance behind you.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott you keep your bears in good shape,good looking coats on them. Does your feed station bring in any other animals?
Herb
Raven stop by Herb, and sometimes when the Griz are done a Black bear will wonder in.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Well that is a bummer. I was hoping for Bigfoot. Best change bait, maybe some Playboys, and a six pack of Bud.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So we saw our first live grizzly bear in Denali NPF last moth and can tell you they can move way faster then you'd think. On the train between the last port and McKinley Lodge we saw a very nice black bear. Well I assume he was nice but then there was a train between us and him.
Well you went right past our little gallery, as we are on the tracks to Denali.

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
.......and can tell you they can move way faster then you'd think. ....

I had read they can run down a deer, so if I go to bear country, I am wearing my Nikes......:grin:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had read they can run down a deer, so if I go to bear country, I am wearing my Nikes......:grin:
the generally accepted plan up here is to take a 22 caliber hand gun with you. than if a bear attacks you shoot your buddy in the knee.. and run.

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
the generally accepted plan up here is to take a 22 caliber hand gun with you. than if a bear attacks you shoot your buddy in the knee.. and run.
LOL:grin:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, did we run you over>:) Too bad it isn't a scheduled stop. It's not like they move that train too fast.......sorry we missed you.
so the tracks are about 400 yards behind the gallery... and yes, you have to jump off the moving train if you want off in Willow.. Glad you had a good trip. it is an amazing place.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
THIS THE LAW OF THE LAND...
and the answer to the age old question...

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
the neighbors...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That's not even funny......I'm laughing my a-- off. But be careful where you shoot me in the knees because both are titanium and it may just ricochet hitting yourself worse. Just a word of caution. That, and I never carry anything that small:grin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.