Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. My latest project is a queen sized bed for my wife. The bed is inspired by the Stickley Bed pictured below. There’s three videos in the series so far, and I hope to have more out soon. The quartersawn white oak grain on this wood I have looks really good in person, and I’m excited to see the bed come together.

To Watch the Video, for measured drawings and in-process pictures, you can visit the project page at Eagle Lake Woodworking:

Arts and Crafts Bed - Stickley Panel Bed

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Guys. My latest project is a queen sized bed for my wife. The bed is inspired by the Stickley Bed pictured below. There’s three videos in the series so far, and I hope to have more out soon. The quartersawn white oak grain on this wood I have looks really good in person, and I’m excited to see the bed come together.

To Watch the Video, for measured drawings and in-process pictures, you can visit the project page at Eagle Lake Woodworking:

What a coincidence, I was just watching your vid of the Super Sled - Crosscut and Miter Sled.

Your Motorized Router Lift has been discussed many times on here.

**Edit
By the way, I like Arts and Crafts style furniture. We have some Mission style furniture which is similar to it.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
HI John

Once again very nice job on both ,the video(s) and the bed project..:)

============

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a coincidence, I was just watching your vid of the Super Sled - Crosscut and Miter Sled.

Your Motorized Router Lift has been discussed many times on here.

**Edit
By the way, I like Arts and Crafts style furniture. We have some Mission style furniture which is similar to it.
Hey Noob, glad you found my videos. Are you going to make a motorized router lift? You should consider it. Let me know if you need any help.

Arts and Crafts and Mission style are often used interchangeably. I love that style, and I think that's going to be my focus for a while. I'll probably make these nightstands next.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great looking sled! Artful photograpy too!
What kind of chair were you hoping to see built?
Thanks for the props. As pictured, I purchased a piece of birch ply with some voids. The white filler is used to fill the veneer that separated.

I was thinking of a Stickley inspired arm chair, doesn't have to be a bow-arm chair. Our furniture is pretty much Art's and Crafts so that kind of chair would fit in well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts