Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Odd News
Assailant suffers injuries from fall

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga., later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

Assailant suffers injuries from fall - Updated News

“The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple concussions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw … injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine.” According to a police report.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I've seen this before . One of my favorite endings lol

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...that's one of those curbs you don't want to fall off...or bump into...

...serves him right...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Fell off the curb, eh? Sounds like a perfectly logical explanation to me. He`s lucky he didn`t break his neck too.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...Improvise, Adapt, Overcome...

Reactions: paduke and Stick486

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: woodknots

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,355 Posts
Oh bad luck Tyrone.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wonder if Best Buy has insurance for that? I hope that they install that curb at all of their stores.

Actually, that story is only partially true. Snopes.com has the details here along with a couple of videos:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stabbedmarine.asp

Unfortunately, the injuries to the guy are not true. However, a more disturbing part of the story is as follows:

Attaway faced the maximum sentence on all assault and theft charges because he was a convicted felon with 30 prior arrests on his record.

30 arrests? What's wrong with THAT picture?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts