Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,008 Posts
What an interesting idea. Lots of assembly space when down, manageable footprint when up. I like it.

I have a folding workbench that more than doubles when open. But my shop is much smaller and a large top would not fit. But I am thinking I could just attach a piece the same way and have a completely flat top. Nice.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This bench can be wheeled to the back of a pickup to unload 4'x8' sheets... but for 60"x 60" sheets (which don't fit between the wheel wells) they must be carried or dollied to the bench.
A 60"x 60" sheet is what he demonstrated in the video. The bench must also weigh enough to be stable when cantilever is used.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
One thing I would add would be two narrow boards about 4 feet long boards on the corner along the factory edges to form a 90-degree angle. I use mine when building things like cabinet doors to make sure they are perfectly square.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing I would add would be two narrow boards about 4 feet long boards on the corner along the factory edges to form a 90-degree angle. I use mine when building things like cabinet doors to make sure they are perfectly square.
Dog holes will be added for accessories to accomplish that, the first will be long sacrificial cauls to raise sheet goods for ripping and crosscutting using a track saw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts