Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No, not the MLB Houston Astros, the Channelview Little League Teen Age baseball Astros. :grin:

We went to watch our grandson play a game. Luckily, it was a 6PM start so I took my camera and got a few shots. He is #3 on your program, a left handed second baseman. Bats left, throws left.

I sure felt rusty but it all came back to me after a few shots. Some shots got deleted because they were out of focus. That's because the camera focused on the dark green fence I was shooting through. :frown:

Bottom line, they won 14-2.

Here are a few of the keepers. The team mom's, dads and grand parents all loved them. :) And especially Chris' dad. He works on an offshore platform and won't be back until next week. So he got to see the pics as soon as they were posted.

Note: Since all I had to use was the 70-200 lens, I had to incorporate the "Crop-A-Lot" tool in Lightroom! :grin::grin::grin:
Mike

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Still got, I see, Mike....

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow ... great action shots, Mike. Tell us more about your camera.

Bob
Thanks Bob.
The camera is a Canon 60D. I was using a 70-200 f/2.8 lens. Not ideal for baseball with 90 foot base paths. Mostly, I just point the camera in the right direction and press the shutter button. Easy Peasy! >:)

I had to do some heavy cropping to get the close ups. But they weren't meant for Sports Illustrated, just FB for the parents/grandparents...and they loved them.

Mike

·
Registered
675 Posts
Awesome action shots! I'm sure everyone enjoyed them and they all look forward to the next game's shots!!

Being a retired baseball umpire with experience from Texas high school, Babe Ruth, American Legion, Little League, as well as several different select baseball leagues, I too enjoy seeing families and kids involved in organized sports. If taught correctly, they learn more than baseball.....they tend to become better men.

Now I will step out on a limb.....possibly offending some people.....but my most favorite summer league to officiate was Babe Ruth. That is a fantastic organization and I was fortunate enough to call a lot of state and regional tournaments throughout my 21 year umpiring career.

My most favorite games to call were Texas high school baseball. I had the honor of calling over 30 state playoff games during my career. I was a lot smaller back then......LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts