Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help. My grandsons router keeps cutting out like it has a misfire. I suspect it is the speed control unit part number 76348.7019. Has anyone else experienced the problem. I have checked the brushes and they are fine.
Glyn

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Glyn and welcome. I found this thread from 7 years ago. https://www.routerforums.com/315775-post3.html According to Phil P it was the same router as a Freud FT 2000E router. We've seen a number of those that had issues with the speed controller. The problem if I remember correctly was an old style graphite wafer type potentiometer type speed control. The graphite could crack under the vibration present when routing. I'm sure there are no parts available. Collets were another issue and they are also non existent. Your only fix would be to bypass the speed controller. If you do much routing you should start getting prepared to purchase a newer router. Those ones were not well made. That's a voice of experience. I owned one.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Welcome Glyn. Seems this router has a history but there are good affordable routers on today's market that will perform well and are well supported. I'm a big fan of Bosch as are others but a mainstream make will likely have better support and parts availability if/when needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.