Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dropped in my box yesterday, what do you think?

The views of Patriotic Australian Prime Minister
Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, he angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God.. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
This is the first I've heard of it Derek, it's a bit late now, 11.30PM, but I'll check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harry,
Will be pleased to hear if it is a put up job, but a very good idea to boot!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Would this PM like to immigrate to the U.S.? We need a guy like that!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If it's true, you guys are really, really lucky. Ours want to kiss them and invite them to move here. He is even going to pay for their living and upkeep.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Ok guys, after a long Google search it appears that it wasn't our present grinning useless labour prime minister or members of his party who said any of those things, it was our previous true statesman liberal prime minister and his treasurer, Peter Costello who did.

For those interested, this link explains it all.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/howard-muslim-speech.shtml

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Goody!! Goody!! as long as someone said it, there are too many namby pambies about, bully for him and he's got my vote anytime.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When my uncle, Bud Johnson, emigrated to Australia in 1957, the Oz government paid for the family's ship fare.

They did, however, have to post a bond to cover the family's expenses to return to the U.S. should they ever attempt to go on welfare, or the 'dole' as my uncle explained it. (Seems like a good idea for any country to implement.)

Bud is still in Australia, retired now, and he especially enjoys hunting wild boar.

He says it's really exciting hunting for an animal that wants to kill you and eat you!

He became quite wealthy as a sheetrock contractor, BTW.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If it wasn't for every other insect or spider being very dangerous, or even the dew claws on a platypus having poisons, being attacked by a "gray" or a cornered emu it would be a great place to live. The people "down under" are the best I've ever met in my travels! The kind you wish were your neighbors. I just can't say enough.

I am kind of disappointed that the statement was altered somewhat and not given by an active political figure(s), but that's politics.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
The author of that speech was given the big heave ho at the last election,even lost his own local seat!
I gather that you don't agree and that's just fine, but if a referendum was held on that question, I know what the result would be and I doubt that it would make you happy.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Wish we had a government type that would say all that.
They were dancing in the streets in Dearborn, Mi. on 9.11, and others hang our flag upside down under the mexican flag in California.
Disgusting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts