Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an AV cabinet I did for some friends of mine a few years ago. Sorry, some of these aren't the best pictures. It's a stained alder project.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you have some serious talent sir...

Reactions: dirt_dobber

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
That’s a great looking A/V cabinet David. One of my favourite subjects

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,044 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Looks like a built-in missing a wall. Seriously nice cabinet. I'm contemplating building a new A/V cabinet and most plans I've looked at really don't address a location for the turntable. Of course I can alter for that but it is surprising. Curious if this has some kind of roller system to make easier to move? That was another issue when I built my first one out of oak and plywood. The weight is massive and getting to the back for cables and such is a bit hard now that it sits on carpet and not hardwood floor.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Very nice. You may edit out your second sentence.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a built-in missing a wall. Seriously nice cabinet. I'm contemplating building a new A/V cabinet and most plans I've looked at really don't address a location for the turntable. Of course I can alter for that but it is surprising. Curious if this has some kind of roller system to make easier to move? That was another issue when I built my first one out of oak and plywood. The weight is massive and getting to the back for cables and such is a bit hard now that it sits on carpet and not hardwood floor.
I designed and built from my own plans so I put in whatever is required by the client. I guess you are asking if the whole cabinet comes out of the niche that would be no it's permanent to the home. I make it so I can do all the wiring from the front.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tv panel is 8" or something from the back wall and the tops of my base cabinets are stretchers not full tops. I drilled a hole in the middle of the tv mount and dropped the HDMI cable into the base. From there I notch shelves put holes in the bulkheads of the base cabinets to get wires wherever they need to go.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Very nice entertainment cabinet. Looks like your friend needs a bigger TV to fill the space.

·
Registered
Paul
2,009 Posts
Nice. I like they way that you incorporated the extra depth for the component area.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
It was built to house a bigger tv when they were ready.
That’s always been my concern. The tv dies and the next one you’d prefer won’t fit .
I’m sure they’ve taken that into consideration though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts