1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Recently bought a used AXYZ
My 4008 has an AMC contrtoller.
I managed to actually import .DXF into TPWin and cut a couple of perfect parts.......THEN...
I wanted to use the AXYZ DNC iinterface in order to use Aspire .nc files direct to the machine. I also got a post processor from another forum member to save into.
When opening the DNC interface it said "no connection". Opened the "port settings" and hit the "boot OS" button....Might as well have hit a nuclear launch code....!!!! Now my machine is all over the place, running past limit switches, the gantry almost ran off the back of the table!! Did a "system restore" but the machine still won't revert back to original table parameters/config.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my main source of income.
Cheers Kevin

·
Official Greeter
20,238 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kevin
You may get a better response if you post this question in the CNC section....

·
Registered
Mike
3,960 Posts
Possibly the post-processor you got from the forum was made to save inch files and your file being in mm, caused the limits of your machine to be exceeded. For every mm it should be going it would actually be moving an inch so all the lengths would be longer than you expected.

G20 is for cutting in inches, G21 is for cutting in mm. Make sure your cut file contains the correct gcode for the file to cut correctly.

Reactions: TimPa
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.