Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just a little fun with my Makita 3.25 on a Pine Round from Home Depot. Used 1/16th, 1/8th and 1/4 inch straight bits. No jigs or stencils. Living that freehand life. Hope y'all like. View attachment 400939
Hey Very creative, nothing wrong with good old free hand. Sometimes we get so caught up in everything needing to be template guided that we forget the creativity we have within us. Etsy would beg you to see your signage on their site.
So welcome and keep up the great work.

Reactions: QuixoticCarpenter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Very creative, nothing wrong with good old free hand. Sometimes we get so caught up in everything needing to be template guided that we forget the creativity we have within us. Etsy would beg you to see your signage on their site.
So welcome and keep up the great work.
Thanks for the kind words. For me the freehand is in large part about a lack of patience. These things take quite a while, even without setting up jigs and whatnot. Can't imagine if I was using templates for everything. I also just enjoy working with my hands (like so many of us) so I like the freehand process. So far I've only given these as gifts. Never tried to sell. Something I'd consider though for sure under the right circumstances. Peace.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. For me the freehand is in large part about a lack of patience. These things take quite a while, even without setting up jigs and whatnot. Can't imagine if I was using templates for everything. I also just enjoy working with my hands (like so many of us) so I like the freehand process. So far I've only given these as gifts. Never tried to sell. Something I'd consider though for sure under the right circumstances. Peace.
Your welcome and keep the posts coming. Every time we create something we are giving back of our talents we have been blessed with.

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts