Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago my Wife says to me, "I want a banana holder, made of oak". So, 2 days later, and on her B-day, she got one..
I had a 1x6 board.. Cut the base square and routed the top edge.. Freehand drew the holder using a french arc.. Cut it out, and routed the edges.. The hook is a length of brass tube that I formed using a spring on the outside, with a brass screw in the top so it won't slip through.. It stands 12" tall..
One coat of Golden Oak stain and screwed the top to the bottom..

Attachments

·
2,392 Posts
Mike,

That's the prettiest Banana holder I've ever seen!

... it may be the ONLY banana holder I've ever seen... :) :)

Nice job!!

That sure looks easier than just putting them in a basket, etc.

I think I'll ask my wife if she wants one...

That brass tubing looks like a long aluminum nail that has been cut off & bent... :)

COOL! ... and SIMPLE!!

Thank you & Happy Birthday to your wife!! :) :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Very NICE Mike

I don't eat to many Bananas but that should would work great to hang my routers on :) :) :) LOL hahahahaha :)
The BOSS has the counter top full of all her toys , it's getting hard to cook dinner any more, Yes I do the cooking most of the time :) :) :)
BUT she took my pepper away, dang it :) :) she hid it good this time ,maybe the trash can :) :) as you can tell it's dinner time here. :)
Got to get the HAM out for Sunday and find my pepper :) :)

Bj :)

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Mike, I have been using a plastic version of your project for about 10 years. The stupid thing is way too light and is forever getting knocked over. I see one in my future to do list. Very nicely done.

For those who are not aware, bananas are the closest match to humans when it comes to DNA. (Havent you seen people who are bananas?) The potasium content is just the thing to help prevent leg cramps.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
That's a very neat piece of woodwork Mike but how do you hold the last banana in the bunch? Harry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice job Mike. And although it wasn't mentioned here, I've heard that banana hooks greatly reduce the bruising -- just laying in a bowl or on the counter causes it.

Excellent reason to make one, and to stock up on a bunch of exotic wood, with all that money I'll be saving from not throwing out bruised bananas ...

;)

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
What last banana????????????
There is no such thing at our house.
SWMBO can't stand to see a lone banana. She has to eat it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A couple days ago my Wife says to me, "I want a banana holder, made of oak". So, 2 days later, and on her B-day, she got one..
I had a 1x6 board.. Cut the base square and routed the top edge.. Freehand drew the holder using a french arc.. Cut it out, and routed the edges.. The hook is a length of brass tube that I formed using a spring on the outside, with a brass screw in the top so it won't slip through.. It stands 12" tall..
One coat of Golden Oak stain and screwed the top to the bottom..
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what kind of router bit did you use on the base? I'm new to this and can't figure it out based on the picture . . . roundover? Chamfer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
I like that, will surprise Honey with one after our trip to Utah/Colorado next month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.