Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place for the question. I am finding that as I get older, I need more and more light to be able to do the things I could do while I was younger. Is anyone using a bandsaw light they like ?

Thanks....Gary

·
Registered
278 Posts
Better hurry if you want to order one, that's a great price on A..... Prime. They are so useful I just ordered 4 more at <$13 each. Dorcy's website claims they get 25 hours on 4 AA batteries. Not great, but that should last me well over a year on a set of batteries as long as I don't forget and leave it on.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
wrap the flex shaft w/ electrical tape...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Everything I have is on wheels so I move it under a light plus open the window shades.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Bought a flex lite with a magnetic hold on the battery box. Too heavy for the battery so it slips too easily. Draped it over the back of the band saw and it holds OK there. Really makes a difference to have that pool of light on the blade.

Also, recently put several LED bulbs in the shop, some under-counter strip lights in the seldom used corners a couple of 1600 lumen bulbs above the two main work areas. Light levels are so much higher and power demands are reduced. What's not to like.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Just bought two of these that will clamp on the table saw fence, and on the sliding miter. Thanks for the heads up. Old eyes like lots of light!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
My band saw is equipped with a light, but when I converted the saw to 220 I can't use the light.
Is there a bulb that can be used with 220?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought what was sold as a grill light at one of the box stores. It has LED bulbs and a combination magnetic or screw down base. The long flexible goose neck is stiff enough that it stays put.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Gary, I recently found this lamp by Dorcy that clamps to the knob on my top wheel cover. It really works great, and holds its position well. Here's a link!

The main problem I see in your workshop is that there is absolutely no sign of sawdust anywhere!! Lots of light but no sawdust.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Better hurry if you want to order one, that's a great price on A..... Prime. They are so useful I just ordered 4 more at <$13 each. Dorcy's website claims they get 25 hours on 4 AA batteries. Not great, but that should last me well over a year on a set of batteries as long as I don't forget and leave it on.
You will forget and leave it on.
Stock up on the batteries.

Reactions: Ratbob

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the "Janso" light from Ikea. They sell the desk base model for $10!!!. The clamp base is $15!!! The light beam is well focused, good color, and intense. The best bargain. This light does NOT use batteries. I have one on my computer desk, the other I use on the work bench.

·
Registered
130 Posts
LED light with a magnetic base

Funnily enough, I just bought this LED light with a magnetic base today. Found it in my local tool sales / repairs shop in Aldershot, UK. It cost me the princely sum of £5.99 (about $9). I haven't had the chance to try it out while actually cutting on the bandsaw, but it looks good so far.
:smile:

Attachments

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
278 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts