Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post to this forum and here is my issue:
I received the Oak Park Router Table with accessories for Christmas and the two 11" base plates that came with it are a very tight fit for the table opening. One of them is so tight that I had to use a rubber mallet to hammer it in place and had to do the same to remove it. Should it be this difficult to insert and remove the base plates?
Also, neither of the base plates sits flush with the table top - is this normal?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Andy

NO This is Not the norm.

Drop Bob or Rick a email or call Oak-Park, and have them replace the top. :)
They may ask you to use a rabbit bit to open it just a bit BUT don't it must be right on ,once it's done that's it you can't put it back on.
We are talking about some plywood and a plastic plate that cost 300.oo+ bucks and it should be flat with the top and set right in without using a hammer.

Bj :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
base problum

i have had mine for about a yr. now It was tight all around i had to hit it like the good old boys do Than i got tired of that I just took it to the sander and took some off all around That fixed the real tight fit It work's fine now Mine was flush with the table tho. I would call or this # 1-800-665-0252 (9 - 5 Central Time)

Oak Park Enterprises Ltd
Box 280
Elie, Manitoba, Canada
R0H 0H0
1-800-665-0252 (tollfree)
1-204-353-2119 (fax)
www.oak-park.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine fit just fine as received. The video says that the plate should be flush or just proud of the table top. Mine sticks up about half a milimeter. I'd rather it be flush but it seems to work just fine so far.
Bruce in the Peg

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
The plate will have a "snug" fit to it. What I did to mine was simply take a small file, sandpaper and filed/sanded very gently around the edge of the plate. THe plate should be able to be dropped in and popped out by hand. If you watch Bob & Rick, they tap there's in by hand.

"Also, neither of the base plates sits flush with the table top - is this normal?"
Yes, the plate sits slightly above the table.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Andy, I mentioned this to Rick today and he said you should contact the service department at Oak Park. They will make it right for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.