Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there every one I have a question for you. I was wondering I have a base plate from oakpark and was wondering. Do you think I can drill a hole big enough to put a vaccum hose in it for dust collection? Or will make it to weak or just plain kill the insert. :confused:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi: In my opinion you would weaken the plate. I bought a block from Oak-Park some time ago, that has pins in it. I drilled holes in the back of the fence. The block has a hole in it for a 2 1/4" hose from my shop vac. It works very well. THe pins fit into the holes behind the Oak Park fence. It does the job. Woodnut65

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,785 Posts
On the outfeed side of my table, I can bungee a large shopvac pickup fitting to the table itself when I am plowing dados, rabbetts, etc that don't allow for thru fence pickup. The nozzle sits just below the surface of the table, and I would say that I get about 80-90 percent of the cuttings.

Not High tech or fancy, just cheap and effective.....

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Woodnut65 I have the oakpark fence. Doug I've been thinking of going that way with a large mouth that would hook up with my shop vac. Both good ideas I figured I would probably weaken it and I don't want to do that. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts