Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a Ryobi router and could never maintain a bit centered in a baseplate bushing so I assumed that there was too much slop in the router. So I bought myself a new skil router and made a baseplate using a different router (from work) but the same model. The first time I used a pattern bit I could tell that it was going the slightly cut my brass bushing on the one side. After my second cut it had cut right throught the bushing. Is there something I did wrong or is there something I can do to prevent this? :'(

Thanks
Chris.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
cbrandsm said:
I used to own a Ryobi router and could never maintain a bit centered in a baseplate bushing so I assumed that there was too much slop in the router. So I bought myself a new skil router and made a baseplate using a different router (from work) but the same model. The first time I used a pattern bit I could tell that it was going the slightly cut my brass bushing on the one side. After my second cut it had cut right throught the bushing. Is there something I did wrong or is there something I can do to prevent this? :'(

Thanks
Chris.
Would you happen to have a digital camera? If so a picture of what you have would help decide what needs to be done. Something is very wrong as you can tell but without knowing more details it is hard to answer.

For further reading check:
www.routerforums.com/showthread.php?t=163

I wrote a couple of articals and one is about aligning sub-bases.....

Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can recommend the trend uni-base. It fits most routers and comes with a centering tool. The base allows the use of all trend guide bush's.
They retail at abot £15.00 (sterling)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts