Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a simple cabinet to hang on the wall above the toilet. I used a 10 foot piece of 1x8 white pine purchased at the big box store.

I worked out the dimensions so all I had left was sawdust! :surprise::laugh2:

Joinery was simple butt joints using glue and 18 ga brad nails. I cut a 5/16 x 1/4 recess so the bead board back could be installed and not seen.

One of the purposes for this cabinet is to store several rolls of toilet paper.

I will post a finished picture of the cabinet installed after I get it back from the Finishing Dept. :surprise::grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Very nice, Mike. Good use of material, and the beading adds a lot to it. Ill have to remember that trick.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice job Mike. That looks kind of like a Shaker design.

Reactions: Moz

·
Registered
19,002 Posts
I love practical, useful projects like this. As an old guy for whom plumbing has become an important part of life, I'd love to have a cabinet to keep my Rx'd items in a closed cabinet above the commode. This is a nice start, just put in a face frame and doors. I have a wonderful watercolor of an elegant European arboretum that I might put on the inside of a glass door. Definitely the wrong location for a mirror.

Might be even nicer to set into the wall as long as there's no plumbing in the way. That would have the cabinet stand maybe 3-4 inches off the drywall. Just thinking.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I really like that Mike. It's simple and will hold a lot of toliet paper. What will you do about finiahing?

PS- I could use something like that as I am having a colonospy in two weeks. :eek::angry:

·
Super Moderator
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom - The wall is an outside wall with insulation and a water supply line which also is tied into the outside faucet so no inset possibility.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Wow, how pretty! Nice job!

·
Super Moderator
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the cabinet finished and hung on the wall. Like I said before, it is just a simple cabinet. We stained it gray to match the decor, which is a seaside theme. The Whataburger cup has some seashells the grandkids found on a trip to the beach. My sweetie will find a dish to display them.

On to the next project. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Great idea...nice use of the space and great use of the wood...looks good in the space...nice job.

Nuther fine job brought to you by MT...

Reactions: MT Stringer
1 - 14 of 14 Posts