Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cncest, I really like the work you have done and the Cedar is beautiful. A neat idea. I say you do great work. I have a couple of questions, how many different bits did you use for this project? Did you do your own artwork for this project?

Thanks,

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a 6mm endmill for the roughing pass. Then a 1.5mm tapered endmill for the finish pass. I find STL on Ebay, Etsy, ect.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks for the information. Do you use a router or spindle on your CNC Machine? I am trying to decide on a new machine and upgrading to an air-cooled spindle. Any thoughts along this line. I am thinking of air. I have air already available and then I do not have a pump or deal with water.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use a 1.5kw water cooled spindle. I can't say which is best as far as air/water cooling. The water cooling system has been trouble free so far. I did add a temperature probe to the spindle to monitor operating temperature.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,050 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am thinking of air. I have air already available and then I do not have a pump or deal with water.
“Air cooled” spindles do not use compressed or chilled air. They have a fan (just like a router) and are cooled by the ambient air. That’s why the normally have a minimum speed (~8k) that they need to be run to ensure sufficient cooling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts