Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have an Elu MOF31 router that I purchased not long ago on eBay.
A week or two ago the motor became overheated, started slowing down and eventually damaged the top bearing beyond repair.
With some assistance, I've managed to completely dissemble the router and checked over the armature and outer windings.
The outer windings give me an identical resistance for both sides.
The armature was giving me low readings for all except one bar on the commutator, which was 60ohms, rather than 3-4 ohms. By straightening out the joint between the commutator and the wire, it's now gone down to about 10ohms.
The problem is that the top bearings no longer seem to be available in the UK.
I wondered whether this part was really any different to those fitted to other Elu or derivative routers and whether I could fit one that is available for a later model?
The other way is for somebody to measure and match the bearing itself to a generic one somewhere.

Hopefully someone here knows what I'm talking about! Would rather get it going again than shell out for a new router. I would imagine it might have a lot more life left in it if I look after it from now on.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

I just did a google search for the number you saw, it looks like a pretty common bearing. But, since you have already ordered one, you already know that. :)

Stick around a while.. lots of information available here.

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you for pointing me to that, I've ordered a new bearing from eBay just now.
Best Regards.
You could always try Kent Bearings Unit 128 John Wilson Business Park, Harvey Drive, Whitstable, CT5 3QY

If in doubt take the old one with you

They are not to far from you the 6001 is the number you need and it will need to be sealed both sides.

I use to repair tools before having to pack up work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts