Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...just registered. Was looking for info on old beaver jointer which lead me to this great site. Was cleaning and purging my garage/workshop ready for fall/winter projects and have a Beaver 2800 serial 4099 with a Tamper 1/3HP motor that I am no longer using. I do not want to scrap it, but would like to see it go to a good use. It was originally my father's circa 1950/60s.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
11,182 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Barrie
Brown Sky Grey Font Rectangle

Go to the section to the right of the word NEW where you can find the forum headings. Open one of the headings and you will be able to start a new post.

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
Key thing is that the back table needs to be exactly the height of the knives. The front table needs to be slightly lower, on my Powermatic, it's 1/32nd. You don't want to take off very much per pass.

I found a magnetic jig years ago that sits on the outfeed table and has rods that thrust forward over the knives. When installing the knives, you adjust them so they just kiss the rods, then lock them in. I don't alter the outfeed table's height adjustment at all. Here's a link to the jig. https://www.rockler.com/rockler-mag...in_A&msclkid=c1beb577568912d454d4d40fbe7242af

You want to make sure the iron is clean and dry, then apply paste wax every 6 to 12 months, depending on humidity in your area. I keep mine covered with a light canvas sheet so it wicks away any moisture. The fence requires the same treatment and I suggest you get a Wixie digital angle gauge so you can set the fence exactly 90 to the tables.

Not sure where you will find the knives. But if you find some that work, get a couple of sets of the steel type. With some machines, if you get a nick in one blade, you can shift it over slightly and the other blades will pick off the raised line on your workpiece. I wonder if ereplacementparts.com would have either the knives or their exact measurement.

Knives are kind of expensive, and yes, they can be sharpened. There are special jigs just for that purpose. LIke this:
Hand Green Gesture Finger Wood

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
To start a new post choose the forum section it would be appropriate to such as Router Bits, choose that, and then hit the Create Post as highlighted in yellow below to open a new post window for your message.

Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

Then Create Post...

Font Screenshot Software Audio equipment Electronic device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.