Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bedroom set (headboard and night stands) for son and daughter-in-law. Stained alder.

Blurred picture, shaky hands!

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very Nice!, Very Nice!

Bedroom set (headboard and night stands) for son and daughter-in-law. Stained alder.

Blurred picture, shaky hands!
Very Nice!, Very Nice!

That's what I have on my mile long to-do list.

As to the shaky picture, two quick solutions for you to try.....

1. A piece of heavy string tied to a 1/4-20 bolt.
The bolt screws into the 1/4-20 hole on the bottom of most cameras. Have the string about 5 1/2 ft long. Step on the end of the string on the floor, pull upward with the camera till the string is taut. This is like the reverse of a mono-pod and will most time steady a shaky shot.

2. Most digital cameras have a delay timer built in. My problem is with the initial shake I give the camera when pressing the shutter release. If it's set at 2 to 10 seconds, you can eliminate most of the shake when you press the shutter button because the shutter activates in 2 to 10 seconds after you release the button. Time enough to stabilize your grip.

:D

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Sweet!

Nice work. Beautiful finish. Bet she loves it.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Very nice indeed, I relate to shaky hands. Would it be possible to show a few more shots, It looks really great.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Gerard, Gene, and Jerry.

Gerard, I'll try that trick. Hopefully I won't trip over the string.

Jerry, unfortunately, thats the best of the bunch. Sorry!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Tom, another question please....

Tom, another question please....

Tell me my eyes are not bad, that angle in the upper right corner, where the top and side pieces meet, that's "not" a 45 degree angle, Right?

To me it looks like the side pieces join the top piece at that point at an angle.
I'm probably wrong...

It could be an illusion as the top, "A", looks narrower than the side, "B".

I like that detail!

Cordially,
Gerry

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hello again Gerry,

The attached PDF file of my original CAD concept may answer your questions better than I can describe them. I hope it comes out clearer than my photo. The back board (for lack of a better term) is alder plywood, ergo no angle has been cut. The back sets into routed grooves all around as shown.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks Tom,

Hello again Gerry,

The attached PDF file of my original CAD concept may answer your questions better than I can describe them. I hope it comes out clearer than my photo. The back board (for lack of a better term) is alder plywood, ergo no angle has been cut. The back sets into routed grooves all around as shown.

Hope this helps,
Thanks Tom,
the angle thing must have been an optical illusion or some sort of artifact in the image. :blink:

I DO see now that the A/B distances are different. Nice! I like that it makes it "look right" if you know what I mean. Sort of pleasing to the eye! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts