Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a Bosch POF 1400 ACE plunge router. I want to mount on a router table. I would like to know how to have switch control without having to hold the power on/off switches

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hello Veera, welcome to the forum.

I have heard that some users clamp the trigger switch in the on position with a cable tie or a piece of velcro.

Do you need constant pressure on BOTH parts of the switch to operate?

You will need a separate on/off switch mounted on the table.

MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG THE ROUTER BEFORE MAKING ANY CUTTER CHANGES......

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Veera

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Veera.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't have that brand, but my Triton router is made the same with the switch. I took the switch apart and there was a small spring and pin. I removed those. Now the router stays on all the time. I plug all of my table mounted routers either into a power strip or a toggle switch mounted on the outside of the router table for easy access. If I am going to use it hand-held (which I seldom do) I can pull the trigger to start and stop it. Hope this helps. Malcolm / Kentucky USA

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
triton router...

I don't have that brand, but my Triton router is made the same with the switch. I took the switch apart and there was a small spring and pin. I removed those. Now the router stays on all the time. I plug all of my table mounted routers either into a power strip or a toggle switch mounted on the outside of the router table for easy access. If I am going to use it hand-held (which I seldom do) I can pull the trigger to start and stop it. Hope this helps. Malcolm / Kentucky USA
Hi Malcolm, what model is your Triton?

Can you post a picture.

I have not seen a Triton router with a trigger switch.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Malcolm, although that switch, from that photo seems slightly different to mine, I would not call that a 'trigger switch'.

To my mind, a trigger switch is built into the handle and is compressed by the fingers holding the handle - like the pistol grip on a hand gun..

Does your switch have the sliding lock to prevent accidental switching on?

I also have 2 Tritons - they are great...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You so much for the suggestion. I tied both the switches with the cable tie and installed a separate switch to control the power supply. It works for me . I will post some photos later so that it can be useful for new woodworkers like me.

- Veera

1 - 11 of 11 Posts