Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been out of the shop for a bit! I needed a brake after the 3-1 High Chair, with a deadline (never had on of them before, with my hobby!) ? Never intended for it to be this long. But when I was first ready to get back at it, I injured my toe, at work. I thought I had chipped a bone, on the side of my right big toe. But turned out, that I got trauma induced Gout! Damn, that £?>% hurts!! Had to work on it, because the doc said it could last a few weeks. And she was right!! Limped around for three weeks! Then, I could only wear some cheap earth shoes, that I normally just wear, from my truck to the house, and back. Couldn't get my steel toe shoes on, or plain old tennis shoes. So after about three weeks, it was much better, almost gone. Then, at a job site,
I bumped that same foot, four times, with these cheep soft shoes. Anchor bolts in the cement (they moved a small machine temporarily, so I could install a new machine behind it). I have two feet, like most of us, but I HAD to hit the bad foot, all four times. ? Luckily, it only hurt for another couple of days, and then I was back to normal.

Any ole ways, I'm glad to say, I finally got in the shop today, and made some saw dust! The beginnings of a new sign!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st pic is the drawing for part of the sign. And a jig to dig out, to then place the Fler de lis, inside of the dug out.

2nd pic is the jig cut out and sanded (love making jigs out of MDF!) and then set over the pic of the Fleur de lis, to see how it looks. I like!!

3rd pic is the two Fleur de lis' cut out. Left one is sanded. Tomorrow is another day!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just realized I took a picture of two different signs. I'm actually making two of the same sign. That's why you're seeing different grains.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost done. Had to repaint the sides, that's why I have a black blotch on one. Little more sanding and then a couple of clear coats!!

"Naturally N'awlins" (New Orleans) was a slogan the New Orleans beloved Frank Davis coined. He was on one of our local news stations. WWL-4 (CBS). He did a little bit of everything, on the show. He cooked in the mornings and on Thursdays he did a "Fish and Game Report. He'd take you (camera) out on his boat and give you a fish report. He also did a special reports called, "Naturally N'awlins", where he did stories on local people, about local culture.

Frank passed away, a few years back. He was missed!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
They look really sharp , liking the colours too . Nice work Lee

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
I bumped that same foot, four times, with these cheep soft shoes. Anchor bolts in the cement (they moved a small machine temporarily, so I could install a new machine behind it). I have two feet, like most of us, but I HAD to hit the bad foot, all four times. ? Luckily, it only hurt for another couple of days, and then I was back to normal.
I don't mean to laugh , but dam I swear when you have an injury your more prone to hitting that area by accident lol.
I think we've all been there , but geez that sounded painful !

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Ken and Rick!!

Yea Rick I couldn't believe I kept hitting that same foot!! I wouldn't wish that (Gout) on anyone. You get it you are stuck with it for weeks (3 in my case). I hoping a tip my brother-in-law gave me, prevents me from getting it again. He said he use to get it a lot, and he read somewhere that black cherry juice prevents it. He drinks 4 oz a day, and never got it again. So I'm doing that too now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts