Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found that Home Depot has Bessy F style clamps on sale. Six of the short, about 10 inch clamps for $24.99. At about $4 each, these are just a buck more each than Harbor Freight small clamps, but the bars are MUCH heavier so the clamps are less likely to bend or distort. This is a Christmas special. Last year they had a pack of 2 of the short and 2 of the longer clamps for just $20. so I already have 8 of those. I will buy one more pack of these so I'll have a total of 20 short clamps when I'm done. I find these are my most used clamps. I'm going to retire the HD models. Thought you all ought to know because this is a very good deal.
:smile:

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I wonder if the Canadian HD has that kind of deal going?

·
Registered
762 Posts
The larger Bessey clamps, including the parallel clamps, also have price reductions. I picked up some of the 24" parallel clamps for about $30 with the discount they offered for veterans day.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The picture of the clamp i posted is not the same as the ones on sale. The handle is different, made of wood. The 6 pack of clamps is really a great deal. The 4 pack that was posted above was on sale last year for less than $20. It is now about $30. The 6 pack are the shorter ones. Really good quality.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Be aware, these are 2" throat (jaws). GSCC2-6" clamps. If you can live with the 2" depth these are a great deal. I picked up a pack, so, I now have eight hanging in the rack. More then enough for those occasional needs. I have a bunch of 4" with the 2" throats. I sometimes need the additional jaw opening and the 6" provide that when the 4s are not enough.

Reactions: Litterbug

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
I bit. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts