Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for the best dovetail jig that I can get. However, there are so many and so varied on the market that I've gotten confused about what features are the most useful. Does anybody have some advice?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome, I have been looking at a few dovetail jigs myself and not sure which one I want but I do have a router ready to dedicate to whichever one I get

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Stephen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a lot of jigs on the market today and most of them look like they do the job. I don't have any advise rather than my opinion. I was in the market myself for one of the best and ended up with the PC 24" Omnijig. It has some features like the Leigh and a couple of others but I like the idea of set and forget. The set up blocks are used for certain applications and exact repeatability results when changing from set up to set up. I have not had time to really test this jig to it's full potential yet but I like what I see so far. This is my third dovetail jig like this and my second PC. This things fairly large and has some heft to it, but that's what I like about it. I hate cheap stuff! So far so good.I would love to share more info with you as to this is an expensive purchase for most. If you like simple,Keller has a jig that I almost bought before this PC and now Leigh just came out with their R9 which looks like the same principle.

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Stephen and welcome to the router forums, we are glad to have you join us.

I use an Akeda, it to is pricey except for mine. I picked it up off Craig's list for 200.00 including a DeWALT 618 Router. There are things I wish it did but for just dovetails it't good. Find What you want and watch Craig's list, or other such places you might get a real deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts