Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some difficulty keeping a brass guide centered when I change to the bit. I use the centering tool to center the guide then when I put the bit into the router, things seem to get moved. I have a PC 890 and a rockler base/table.

Also, on a side note, I'm thinking of getting a bigger router. So what I'm looking for is 2 1/2HP+ and something that is easy to change bits, that I don't have to pull the base off of. This 890 is kind of tight working quarters when using guides and can not remove the base.

Cheers'
--Kevin

·
Banned
666 Posts
datafry said:
I'm having some difficulty keeping a brass guide centered when I change to the bit. I use the centering tool to center the guide then when I put the bit into the router, things seem to get moved. I have a PC 890 and a rockler base/table.

Also, on a side note, I'm thinking of getting a bigger router. So what I'm looking for is 2 1/2HP+ and something that is easy to change bits, that I don't have to pull the base off of. This 890 is kind of tight working quarters when using guides and can not remove the base.

Cheers'
--Kevin
Kevin
Make sure the guides are a tight fit in your base.
Changing routers try the Makita 3612 Guides fit well I have been using them for over twenty years without any problems
Tom

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
datafry said:

Cheers'
--Kevin
If I understand you correctly you have a router mounted to a rockler sub-base (plate) which mounts in a table?? If so then you should have an insert for the plate that takes guide bushings.

The procedure would be to put the guide bushing insert in, add a guide bushing then using the centering tool loosen the screws that hold the plate to the router and get things lined up (centered) tighten the screws and things should be lined up anytime you add a guide bushings....

If the router is removed from the plate you need to do this again otherwise things should stay aligned between uses and between guide bushings. If this is not the case then something is wrong and you will need to figure out what it is.

Hopes this helps.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.