Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends is a recently-retired dentist. He asked me if I'd have any use for his dental light, of course I said yes! I have mounted it so that I can swing it over my bandsaw (pictured), tablesaw, vices, pillar drill and even under the bonnet/hood of a car if needs be. My friend tells me that these lights, which havea 150w bulb, are now obsolete, all the new ones have LEDs. Maybe somebody else here will be inspired if one turns up in a garage sale etc? :nerd:

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Great re-cycling, John.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Nice idea, John. I'll keep an eye out.
did you know that the eye still works as advertised if all of cords, nerves and tendons are still attached ...
talk about peripheral vision..

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
My shop is now flooded with light from 4 1600 lumen LEDs, plus another 3 under counter LED strips in the corners and above the work bench. Total load is about 120 watts. Unfortunately, I don't have a dentist friend. Neat repurposing.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I thought that light was way more than 150 watts. It's amazing what fear will do to your perception.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Nice score!! When my friend retired from dentistry all i got was the item pictured below. And about 10 assorted clamps, a few pieces of cherry and a roller stand. Been trying to get my wive to try some carving with the drill, she's got an artistic hand. I've used it a few times to lightly "sand" some tight spots.

Light would have been great, but he sold the practice intact.

earl

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice score!! When my friend retired from dentistry all i got was the item pictured below. And about 10 assorted clamps, a few pieces of cherry and a roller stand. Been trying to get my wive to try some carving with the drill, she's got an artistic hand. I've used it a few times to lightly "sand" some tight spots.

Light would have been great, but he sold the practice intact.

earl
What the hell was he doing with the cherry!!!:grin:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts