Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I acquired what I think is a sweet little Jet, JTAS-10-1 table saw which came with a Biesemeyer Fence System.

The only problem is that the front rail is a little too big for my shop. It is the 10 foot version. 8 feet 4 inches to the right and almost 2 feet to the left.

Anyone know someone in the Las Vegas area that would like to trade for a shorter rail?

·
Registered
21,693 Posts
Good luck finding a trade. Can you cut off part of the right rail? Or order the short rail from the manufacturer? The endcaps on the front rail also act as stops for the fence, and on my saw, the caps are easy to re-attach.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I've never seen a saw with a fence that long. Especially on a 10" saw. You could just cut it shorter couldn't you? About the only prospects you have for a trade would be to a commercial shop. The number of home shops large enough to have that are few and far between.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Cry just a little when you do cut it.... it's a shame you don't have room for it's full potential. I wish I had room for a fence tube that big
After I bought a track saw , I’m kicking myself for buying a cabinet saw with a 56” fence . I’m tempted to cut it down to 36” somedays.
I wasn’t aware of track saws till I joined here , and find there much handier for breaking down large sheets than trying to manhandle a full sheet by yourself on a table saw.
Was actually going to build a panel saw , then the same thing , I learned about track saws just in time

Reactions: kp91
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.