Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I’ve visited in the past, researching routers etc., but didn’t join. Well if my searches bring me here so often I may as well start my searches here. Right?

I’m in my early 60’s and am retired from working in health care. My interests include woodworking, playing classical guitar and dabbling in watercolour painting.

Current projects include building a table for my PC router, Jessem lift and Incra LS positioner and building in box and fence DC; I’m upgrading from a small Freud router table combo. Of course tidying up my shop from my last project is still waiting!

My next project will be building kitchen cabinets (oak, face frames, raised panel doors) for my home. For the last set I did I bought the doors unfinished; Undecided this time.

While the above are my passions, my closest passions are my wife, children and grandchildren!

Well that might give you an idea about my situation. I look forward to learning on this site, consulting, and contributing.

Cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome to the forums Bill...

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
hello and welcome to the router forum Bill

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
G'day Bill, welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome aboard Bill. Yes this forum is certainly a treasure trove of information and experience and likely a place to find the answers before you even know the question sometimes. Like how to use a Ticking Stick. If you're curious see this post Enjoy the journey.....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Bill and welcome from New Brunswick. I moved here from Toronto 20 years ago and my wife and I keep saying we are taking the ferry to New foundland next year but we haven't made it yet. But next summer for sure :) There are a lot of knowlegable people here so you can learn a lot.

·
Registered
Mike
3,941 Posts
Wecome to the Router Forums Bill.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey Mark,

Where in New Brunswick are you, I toured both N.B and N.S. last week then went home in the storm. From the Bay of Fundy to Edmundston was pure torture !
I am a technical sales rep for a sawmill and mining equipment company and I cover all of Canada except B.C.

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Bill...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Mark,

Where in New Brunswick are you, I toured both N.B and N.S. last week then went home in the storm. From the Bay of Fundy to Edmundston was pure torture !
I am a technical sales rep for a sawmill and mining equipment company and I cover all of Canada except B.C.

Cheers,

Dan
Hi Dan, I'm just outside of Fredericton. I know what you mean about the drive to Edmunston. It's 3 hours for me in the summer and but can take 5 to 6 hours in the winter.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hi Dan, I'm just outside of Fredericton. I know what you mean about the drive to Edmunston. It's 3 hours for me in the summer and but can take 5 to 6 hours in the winter.
I drove right outside Fredericton but didn't stop there because of the storm. It's near thereon Hwy 2 that I had to follow the snowplows for over half an hour at 40Km's /hr ! when you drive a well equipped 4 X 4 SUV you don't enjoy following the plows. My next trip to N.B. will be in about 3 to 4 months and I will definitely be going in and around Fredericton for we have a few customers in the area like the paper mill in Nackawic and Devon Lumber, then off to Woodstock to Garant and Bristol to Crabbe.

Reactions: MYB506
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.