Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Trim carpenter
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this has been asked before, but what size hole does everybody use for 1/2” bit storage. Thinking 17/32” should work good, or do you just use 1/2” and call it a day?
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Tom
I use high density foam for my storage bin of router bits, the Foam is 2" thick, I use a 1/2" and 1/4 endmills to cut my hole in the foam, the 1/4" and 1/2" bits cut, fit the router body nicely/snug. the best part since the foam is soft, I can put the endmill bit in a drill and put a hole where ever I want on the foam sheet. I have appx. 100 bits on a 24"x 18" file cabinet drawer.
and you do not have to worry about moisture and the rust building up on the router bit end stuck in the wood, like you would, by using wood for the holders.
C.A.G.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Tom
I use high density foam for my storage bin of router bits, the Foam is 2" thick, I use a 1/2" and 1/4 endmills to cut my hole in the foam, the 1/4" and 1/2" bits cut, fit the router body nicely/snug. the best part since the foam is soft, I can put the endmill bit in a drill and put a hole where ever I want on the foam sheet. I have appx. 100 bits on a 24"x 18" file cabinet drawer.
and you do not have to worry about moisture and the rust building up on the router bit end stuck in the wood, like you would, by using wood for the holders.
C.A.G.
Had not herd of an end mill bit before. so why an end mill bit vs standard bit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts