Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Their website says they are in Silverton, Oregon which is a little NE from Salem and south of Portland and have been in business for 30 years. https://bitsbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=102 It sounds like a small family type business similar to Whiteside and in fact they appear to be selling some of Whiteside's bits. Prices on bits that aren't labeled as Whiteside look to be similar to what you would pay for top quality bits.

Reactions: Scap

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've not bought from them but like the site and always check them when I'm looking for a bit. I really appreciate that they list Feeds and Speeds for their bits. You don't see that from a lot of other vendors, at least without some digging. FWIW, they seem to more focused on CNC if that matters to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I'll stay subscribed to their emails for now.

I really wish companies wouldn't sell our emails. Our at the least, I wish companies that buy our emails would tell us from where they got it.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I immediately thought of you when I saw where they were Jon. I knew you wouldn't be more than an hour away.

Reactions: JFPNCM and Scap

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Interesting find. I only live about an hour from there and have visited Silverton several times ver the years. BUT, I was unaware of this firm. Sounds like I need another road trip.

Appreciate the post.
Definitely look forward to hearing about your visit.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
@PhilBa @Cherryville Chuck

Phil, Chuck

I dropped a note to the firm via their website and received a the follow kind reply:

Hi Jon,
Thank you for your interest in our company!
We mainly only offer Website/Catalog sales, we do allow customers to pick their orders no problem. But we do not have an in house showroom for our customers

So, it looks like aside visit is not in the offing without an order. Best review the catalog again.��

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.