Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an old B&D 7625 router for a steal. It had a B&D router table and a Milescraft 1206 sign kit with it. I paid 10 dollars for the lot. My question is this, does anyone have any knowledge about this router? I know it was discontinued in the early 80's, but it seems to run well and it's built like a tank. If anyone has any feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. It is 1 1/4 hp 23,000 rpm.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Good tool with plastic line cord (not rubber), 1/4 collet only, tho there was a short 3/8 accessory collet.
Machine is very well built, very good components. Rack & pinion up/down no grreater than average. Motor lock wing nut should be replaced with a lever lock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a parts breakdown for a Black and Decker 7625 router . Especially brushes , armature , rack , and Collette . Also have question . It throws a lot of sparks nothing is shorted to ground but on the armature I have continuity between all parts of commutator . Is that normal ? I would not think so . Also are there any parts still available for this unit ? Thanks . Vince

·
Super Moderator
John
6,958 Posts
I need a parts breakdown for a Black and Decker 7625 router . Especially brushes , armature , rack , and Collette . Also have question . It throws a lot of sparks nothing is shorted to ground but on the armature I have continuity between all parts of commutator . Is that normal ? I would not think so . Also are there any parts still available for this unit ? Thanks . Vince
Check and see if you can find it here
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/router-parts-c-18715_18779.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts