Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to get in touch with these people, both phoned and emailed, but no replies. Has anyone ever dealt with them?

I would like a decent starter set of 1/2" shank router bits. Maybe a thirty piece set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hud

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hud Baldwin said:
I have tried to get in touch with these people, both phoned and emailed, but no replies. Has anyone ever dealt with them?

I would like a decent starter set of 1/2" shank router bits. Maybe a thirty piece set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hud
Lots of good places to buy bits but from discussions we have had here and advice from Bob and Rick and others is skip the 30 piece sets and get bits as you need them. You might want to get a set of round-over bits typically anywhere from 4 to 6 pieces, some cove bits same size set, some straight bits and again the same size set....... but the sets that have 30 pieces might well have some bits you may never need.... I have to admit I sprang for one of those sets and I also have to admit some are still unused....

Infinity tools sells a six piece set called the "essential six" as seen in Wood Magazine. I have purchased some bits from them and they are of good quality....... the set is about a $100 but you might find a sale at some point... not cheap but good.

Good luck on your shopping!

Ed

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
reible..
I have noticed that all your messages have a white font, and are impossible for me to read.. Is there some reason the font is white?
Just curious..
I would have sent this by PM, but you are set to not recieve them..

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Hi Hud welcome to the forums. If you don't find what you want from grizzly that is the main place where I shop. I got a 66 pc. 1/2" router bit set from www.woodline.com last year. And they work dandy for me I do know they have the 30 pc sets there if you want to check them out.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Hud, Woodcraft has a great value on the 20 most commonly purchased bits. They run specials on a regular basis and the bits are usualy around $5 each. These bits carry Woodcrafts unconditional money back guarantee. Decent quality, low price, and a great guarantee... how can you go wrong?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hud, I have bits by blades N bits. Nice little starter set. Also check out Holbren's site. I have some from him, too.

Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts