Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys just old me with another one of my carving projects. This one started out as an old hound dog project... pattern from well know carver Tom Wolfe. I carved up the body real nice and I was so pleased with it and then it came to the head and I botched it up real nice. Almost tossed the thing and then I decided to cut the head off, cut out a new head from the pattern and carve it and then do surgery. The surgery went well, I drilled a 1/8 hold and dowel pluged it with wood glue. I carved a collar to hid the joint. I then got the big idea to paint it up as a blue tick **** dog with oil paints. I don't know if it looks like a blue tick or not but I like it. I am going to carve a **** and put it up a tree with the sniffing it out or something like that. Hope I am not boring you with my carving junk :) Anyway, having a ball with it. Thanks for looking! You can scroll down past the mule to view the pics.

Corey

P.S. tried to upload photos but it says I exceeded the max number of photo files or something or other. Deleted a couple dozen photos but no difference so not sure if Mark is working on it or if I need to delete most of the photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
I've said it before Corey and after spending quite some time going through you're web site I have to say it again, you are a dark horse, you say very little but quietly you are making heaps of beautiful projects in the background. Don't you think it's time to post more of your projects.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Bud

Good looking dog :)

=========

Hi guys just old me with another one of my carving projects. This one started out as an old hound dog project... pattern from well know carver Tom Wolfe. I carved up the body real nice and I was so pleased with it and then it came to the head and I botched it up real nice. Almost tossed the thing and then I decided to cut the head off, cut out a new head from the pattern and carve it and then do surgery. The surgery went well, I drilled a 1/8 hold and dowel pluged it with wood glue. I carved a collar to hid the joint. I then got the big idea to paint it up as a blue tick **** dog with oil paints. I don't know if it looks like a blue tick or not but I like it. I am going to carve a **** and put it up a tree with the sniffing it out or something like that. Hope I am not boring you with my carving junk :) Anyway, having a ball with it. Thanks for looking!

Corey

P.S. tried to upload photos but it says I exceeded the max number of photo files or something or other. Deleted a couple dozen photos but no difference so not sure if Mark is working on it or if I need to delete most of the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Love the color of ole "Blue". Really nice save too. Cutting the head off and starting again was what I was thinking when I read you post.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I can't get pics to upload. do we have to delete most of the photos in the gallery and I take it we have a limitation now? I did post a link.

Harry, I haven't been able to stand and work in the shop much lately due to my back so I have only been carving in my spare time. Only shop time I get is bandsawing cut outs really. I am going to press the issue soon with some boxes for Christmas but until then carving is about all I am doing. Thanks bud!

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Corey

" limitation now? " I don't think so, I have not got that error YET..

I'm using 250mb of the space on the forums server for snapshots so far...

========

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I can't get pics to upload. do we have to delete most of the photos in the gallery and I take it we have a limitation now? I did post a link.

Harry, I haven't been able to stand and work in the shop much lately due to my back so I have only been carving in my spare time. Only shop time I get is bandsawing cut outs really. I am going to press the issue soon with some boxes for Christmas but until then carving is about all I am doing. Thanks bud!

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
HI Bud

Let me know after you talk with Mark.
see snapshot below

==========

Bob, I get the following. You are using 6.67MB and exeeds your limit of 5.71 MB. I will PM Mark.

Corey

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.