Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one made a jig for installing Blum hidden hinges? I have several cabinets I made that need Blum hinges and am looking for a jig to help align the hinges for drilling and installing.
Thanks

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi david

I made one for the drill press but it's a bit over kill but if you want to see a snapshot of it just ask BUT I would suggest you just pickup the jig below from Rockler, I got one and then made my own copy of it, to have the diff.off sets without pulling the screws out of the jig..

Rockler Concealed Hinge Router Jig-It - Rockler Woodworking Tools

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5878&filter=hinge jig

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10940&filter=hinge jig

==========

Hi Ron

You ask how the jig is held in place on the drill press,,I use tee-slot bolts for the job,it's very quick to setup the jig with the two bolts with long bar nuts...:) ( pipe welded to nuts and a bar welded into the pipe)

see the last 3 shots below

===

Has any one made a jig for installing Blum hidden hinges? I have several cabinets I made that need Blum hinges and am looking for a jig to help align the hinges for drilling and installing.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings David and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Mine is very low tech. It's simply a piece of bent plastic with 1/16 (?) holes drilled at intervals corresponding to different offsets.
Place it on the stile, mark it with an awl and drill.
Less than $2.00 at HD in the same area where they have the concealed hinges.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks

I made these years ago and have installed few cabinets with Blum hinges. They work perfect.

I used I think it's 22G or 24G aluminum. Easy to cut and bend. Try a few times and you will get it right on

Attachments

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome to the RouterForums community David.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts