Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a departure from what I normally make on my cnc. The company my daughter works for has a game day afternoon for it's employees about every six months. Supposedly this allows them to socialize and get to know fellow employes better. She asked me to make a board game for the event. I made this Aggravation Board with the company logo and rules to live/work by. It's milled from Aspen with a rea oak edging. I milled the marble holes using a 1/2" core box bit and a drill toolpath. I should have checked dwell at bottom of hole for a fraction of a second. There are slight mill marks in the hole where the bit retracted, however most people wont notice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Nice board. Cover the blemishes with an extra coat of paint? Like to make a chess set on the lathe and a board to go with it. Have seen some boards that were rather elegant with exotic woods and even a drawer to hold the pieces.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Bob looks good to me. I'm sure the company and employees will think it is neat having the company logo incorporated into the board.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Very nicely done!

You're about 3 months ahead of me (I hope it's only 3 months). I'm doing a whole suite of game boards & accessories this year to add to the chess boards, cribbage sets & the new card box holders with CNC'd tops that are in the shop right now.

Your project is a bit beyond my scope: I don't intend to do the very elegant corporate version that you did!

Good job!

·
Registered
Paul
1,834 Posts
Bob, it looks nice to me but the original game has four colors grouped like in the picture. Don't know if this matters to you but it could make it confusing, especially for kids.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob, it looks nice to me but the original game has four colors grouped like in the picture. Don't know if this matters to you but it could make it confusing, especially for kids.
The colors I used on the board were to match the corporate colors of the company my daughter is employed at. If I were making a normal board I would use the original colors.

Reactions: TenGees
1 - 9 of 9 Posts