Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't blame me, my wife has named the shop. She claims I spend more time here than in the building where we sleep. She's probably right.
We bought this property, from an estate, for our retirement intending to build a new house. The property had been on the market for over 5ys, and the county required that we demolish the existing really nasty, rodent infested, single wide trailer that was on the property. What survived the demo was an overbuilt "snow roof". I was able to convince the county to let me keep the roof structure and here is what we ended up with. Except for the concrete pour and hanging the garage doors, I did all of the work myself. It took me 18 months of late nights and long weekends to have a usable shop. The building is 70x17 with ceiling height of 11" with a separate 100amp service. The wood shop is 30x17 with a 14x8 area for wood racks and a beater bench. The shop tools are standard fare for a woodshop, but I did add 2 pictures of my bench, because I really like my bench. So here it is from the day after demo to now. I left the garage part out, who cares about cars.http://www.routerforums.com/images/RouterForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png Oh, I almost forgot, we also built a new house.....

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
y6ou did yourself proud....

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi Bob,looks like you've been very busy,. congratulations on a shop which most of us would love to own. Jamesjj

·
Registered
18,989 Posts
Now, THAT's a shop. Great use of the existing structure. Sounds like you have another stretch of roof. Make a hobby room for your wife on the other end, she'll love it. Then you can wall in the middle space.

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
Wow is that impressive , way to go Bob ! Wish you could share some of that ambition with me

·
Official Greeter
8,154 Posts
Very niceeeee.

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
I think it made a much better shop than it would have made for a house.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Now that is a shop! Very nice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congratulations on such a nice shop. I also understand spending more time in shop than the house. When I built my shop, I did not want to use space for a bathroom. Now I have to walk 50 feet to use the facilities in the house.

Frank

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Excellent refit...and a house too...! ! !

Both of you deserve a break...

Nice shop, well organized...

·
Registered
458 Posts
New Shop

Bob Adams,

From what I have seen of other Forum Members shops, your new shop is a super looking shop. However, I do not think you are doing any work in it. All I have to do is look at a board, and my little shed is full of sawdust. But all kidding aside you have a beautiful shop to work in. Many of us are now sinners because of you. We or I do covet your shop.

Very nice to say the least.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the compliments everyone! How do get the multi-quote thing to work? Computers pffff.

From what I have seen of other Forum Members shops, your new shop is a super looking shop. However, I do not think you are doing any work in it. All I have to do is look at a board, and my little shed is full of sawdust. But all kidding aside you have a beautiful shop to work in. Many of us are now sinners because of you. We or I do covet your shop.

Very nice to say the least.[/QUOTE]

It drives me nuts to wake up to a messy shop. So you will just have to trust me, I can turn it into a pigsty.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts