Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a plan for a book holder or book stand.
The kind that you sit on a table and it will hold a book at a nice angle so you can read the book comfortably while your seated.
It would be a major plus if it also can hold the page open for you.
I did some searching already but couldn't find anything so far, hopefully someone here knows where I can find one or has the plan themselves.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi LHot

Here's one I made along time ago,,,it's very simple to make,all you need is a hand rip saw and a sharp chisel ...you can scroll saw a design in if you want or lust plane ,,cut the hinge and then just rip the board down the center and then pop it open.. very simple one to make but it works very well..and is fun to make :)

=========

I'm looking for a plan for a book holder or book stand.
The kind that you sit on a table and it will hold a book at a nice angle so you can read the book comfortably while your seated.
It would be a major plus if it also can hold the page open for you.
I did some searching already but couldn't find anything so far, hopefully someone here knows where I can find one or has the plan themselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi LHot

Here's one I made along time ago,,,it's very simple to make,all you need is a hand rip saw and a sharp chisel ...you can scroll saw a design in if you want or lust plane ,,cut the hinge and then just rip the board down the center and then pop it open.. very simple one to make but it works very well..and is fun to make :)

=========
Hi Bobj,
I'm looking for one that keeps the book almost vertical.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob,
Thanks for those links. I found about a half a dozen plans that might work. Now I just have to compare them and see which will work best, plus see which parts of each can I steal for my own design.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
You're Welcome Lon

Free is for me :)

=========

Bob,
Thanks for those links. I found about a half a dozen plans that might work. Now I just have to compare them and see which will work best, plus see which parts of each can I steal for my own design.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Black and Deckers kitchen accessories book has one called cookbook easel. It uses a plastic insert to hold the page open. Very simple to make.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whether you're studying for a class, reading a heavy textbook, writing a paper, or reading for pleasure, bookstands and book rests perfect tools to prop up your books and hold your place. You can also prop up your notes as you review for a test, or prepare to write a paper. There are lot of sites from where you can shop it. Below is a site that compare prices of different brands:

http://www.nextag.com/book-holder/search-html

have a look and then decide

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,304 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts