Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used the Boomer bar clamps and skill saw plate from MLCS to cut sheet goods? It seems like a good idea and I could use the clamps as clamps.

MLCS Boomer Bar Clamps

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Has any one used the Boomer bar clamps and skill saw plate from MLCS to cut sheet goods? It seems like a good idea and I could use the clamps as clamps.

MLCS Boomer Bar Clamps
I have not tried these particular ones, but have had poor luck with this type of set-up. I have invested in the past in this type clamping straight edge and found that the clamps move during use, the plastic breaks and the clamps are useless. I went back to wood straight edges and quick clamps. Maybe it is just me .

Herb

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I've had the same problem, there always seems to be a little clearance in the clamping mechanism to the point that you can move the edge off your pencil line.

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
Don it looks very simular to something I bought and gave away , just under a differant brand name .
I would make a track for your saw IMHO.

In my case I finally broke down and bought a Festool track saw . Wish I had known about track saws years ago

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your opinions. I kinda figured that would be the answer. I don't cut enough plywood to buy a track saw so I will get the box stores to cut it to a size I can handle.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

MLCS Boomer Bar Clamps
they're great w/ a router and a trim bit to ''joint'' an edge///

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use the Emerson brand and found out quickly that I didn't need tons of pressure against them to keep my saw in place. Once past that "learning curve" I've encountered no problems with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts